2013/12/20

The 12 days of Christmas Cookies: Day 10 - Buttercream Blondie's Spiked Mint Milanos


Today, I'm gonna cheat a little. I hadn't planned on baking any more cookies after I was done with the first batch, but I saw these last week on Buttercream Blondie's blog and I just had to try them. However, since she only posted them last week, I don't really want to take her recipe and repost it here, so instead I'm just going to send you over to her blog. Her cookies look a lot more appetizing than mine anyway.


I made a couple of alterations to the recipe, though, because for me, the amount of flour in the recipe didn't work. That could be due to the fact that I was a little more generous with the baileys than the recipe stated, though. I had to add at least 100g more to make the dough workable.

I didn't have any mint-flavored baileys at home either, so I used the regular kind and just added a few drops of peppermint aroma, which works fine. You can still taste both the baileys and the mint when you eat the cookies.

I also spiked the ganache with baileys (because you can never have enough baileys in your cookie once you find out you actually can have baileys in your cookie), which also worked fine. So if you like baileys: go for it.

Personally, I have no idea, though, how she got all her trees to look the same. Mine all came from the same cookie cutter, too, but they differ more than a little in size and shape (which made it a bit of a challenge to always find 2 that went mostly together).

And: storing them in the fridge is kind of mandatory if you want the ganache to last for more than a couple of days, but take them out a while before you wanna eat them. I think they taste a lot better and are a lot more flavorful at room temperature than directly out of the fridge.


So, go over there and try them out. You know you want to!

Enjoy!
♥ Nicole

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen