2014/07/11

Snickers Cheesecake


Yes, I'm alive. And I don't even have any good reasons for not blogging aside from being too damn lazy to. It's like...I've wanted this blog for years and the moment I started it I started losing interest in it. Might also be because I've gotten about 5 comments in the past year and it's not like I'm being overrun by visitors and it all just kinda feels a bit like I'm doing it for myself and no one else. Considering the quality on here and that I'm not really active in the food blogging community that's probably not surprising, but it's still a little disheartening.

Anyway. End of self-pity-driven rant. On to today's recipe.

I've wanted to make a Snickers Cheesecake since the moment I saw the recipe for one online for the first time, but considering most of the people I know don't have as much of a sweet tooth as I do, I never made one for fear that people would find it too sweet and heavy and not like it. Well, I feared for nothing. Cake was gone before you could blink twice. I'd call that a success.



Snickers Cheesecake

For the crust:
500g Caramel Cookies (I used Lotus Biscoff Cookies - which are sold as Caramel Cookies over here)
125g melted butter

For the cheesecake:
800g cream cheese
4 eggs
2-3 tbsp flour
100g white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
400g Snickers (I used 5 normal-sized ones and 13 minis - okay, maybe 8 minis and I ate the rest...)

For the decoration:
200g Marshmallow Fluff
100g whipped cream
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (I used "Milchmädchen")
a handful of salted peanuts
Caramel Sauce (for drizzling, if you have some at hand)
Some of the leftover snickers from above


1. In a food processor, crush the cookies to a fine crumb. Melt the butter and mix it with the crumbs until well incorporated.

2. Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring pan with baking paper. Spread the crumbs evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.

3. Put the pan in the fridge for at least 15 to 30 minutes.

4. With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Add the eggs and a few tablespoons of flour.

5. Cut the snickers into small pieces (you'll want about 1 or 2 of the big ones for decoration, so think about how you're going to cut them up. I cut slices for the cake, and small triangles for the decoration).

6. Take the spring pan out of the fridge and place a layer of snickers slices on top of the crumb (only on the bottom).

7. Pour the cream cheese mix on top.

8. Bake for about 45 minutes on 175°C. Turn off the oven, but leave the cheesecake in for another 20 minutes.

9. Whip the cream and fold it under the marshmallow fluff. Add the sweetened condensed milk.

10. Once the cake is completed cooled, pipe the marshmallow cream on top and decorate with leftover snickers, peanuts and caramel sauce.


Enjoy!
♥ Nicole

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen